The Premier League transfer window has closed, but the rest of Europe remains open for business. Plus, it’s never too late to look forward to January! Click here to view the latest transfers and keep up to date with the latest gossip below.
- Lukaku completes €80m move to Inter
- Lo Celso joins Spurs on loan initially
- Tottenham seal £25m Sessegnon deal
- Arsenal sign Luiz, clinch Tierney move
- Man City sign Cancelo; Danilo joins Juve
– Premier League transfer wrap: Who won and who lost?
TOP STORY: Roma target Sanchez loan
Sanchez’s role at United remains unclear despite the departure of Romelu Lukaku to Inter Milan this week. Reds boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has seemingly pledged to play with Anthony Martial as the leading striker after handing him the No. 9 shirt, but the Norwegian boss has also said he expected Sanchez to stay at United this season.
It is not yet clear whether Sanchez would be open to the move, but any loan arrangement would involve United having to subsidise some of the nearly £400,000-a-week wages.
Sanchez was one of the last players to return to training after an extended holiday, and he played only 63 minutes in preseason, against Blackburn Rovers’ U23s.
Dybala promised payday in Paris
Another day, another rumour involving Paulo Dybala. This time, French champions Paris Saint-Germain are rumoured to be offering the wantaway Argentine a whopping £11 million-a-season contract after the forward walked away from moves to Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur before the Premier League transfer window slammed shut this week.
The Mail is reporting that PSG’s sporting director Leonardo has called Dybala to offer him a five-year deal and become Neymar’s heir, with the Brazilian widely expected to leave Paris.
It has been reported Juve would sell Dybala for around £80m, although they are struggling to find a replacement after failing to land Lukaku, who joined Inter Milan on Thursday.
The Italian transfer window closes on Aug. 18, the French market Aug. 31.
James to stay in Madrid … with Atletico
With the Premier League transfer window now shut, Diego Simeone is quietly hoping his employers can add the last piece of the jigsaw after a successful summer recruitment drive. Madrid had been hoping to use James as part of a deal to land reinforcements to enhance their own squad, principally Paul Pogba from Manchester United, but Los Blancos may now be prepared to sell to their city rivals in an effort to offload a player who has no future at the Bernabeu.
Real are reluctant to sell to Atletico and strengthen their rivals, but with no English club to sell to and Napoli unwilling to meet the €50m fee, it leaves them with few options.
Atletico beat Madrid 7-3 in preseason, and Simeone will be looking to get another one over on his nearest rivals by signing James before the season gets underway.
– After being linked with a move to Manchester United, Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic is now considering a loan move back to Bayern Munich, Calciomercato cites Sky Sports Italia as reporting. The move would see the Croatia international return to the club where he spent two years between 2012 and 2014, and where he scored 33 goals in 54 games. Talks between the two clubs are said to be advanced.
– After being linked with a possible move to D.C. United, Mario Balotelli is now reportedly closing in on a move to Brazilian side Flamengo, Calciomercato cites Sky Sports Italia as reporting. They’re suggesting that a deal is in place for the Marseille forward, and that only image rights are preventing the transfer being concluded.