The Premier League transfer window has closed, but the rest of Europe remains open for business. Plus, it’s never too late to look forward to January! Click here to view the latest transfers and keep up to date with the latest gossip below.
TOP STORY: No chance Dembele leaves Barca
This summer’s most protracted of transfer sagas has seen Barcelona offer Paris Saint-Germain just about the entirety of their first-team squad to make up for their lacking the cash needed to bring Neymar back to the Camp Nou. One name that has consistently been mentioned as a potential makeweight is Ousmane Dembele.
“He has not planned on leaving FC Barcelona even for a moment,” Moussa Sissoko was quoted as saying. “He is Barcelona, and he will stay 1,000 percent with the will to honour the colours of the club.”
Even more interesting, Sissoko claims that Dembele was the subject of “several big European clubs.” Just who else was keen to add the 22-year-old attacker to their ranks?
While we’re at it, a quick update on the Barca-Neymar situation: PSG have rejected a €190 million offer from Barcelona that would see Neymar return to Nou Camp on a loan, sources have told ESPN FC.
08.33 BST: Paris Saint-Germain’s interest in signing Juventus forward Paulo Dybala is not dependent on whether or not Neymar remains at the club, according to RMC Sport.
The French radio station reports that PSG sporting director Leonardo sees the chance to sign the Argentina international as a “great opportunity.”
However, despite there being a reported intensification of contact between the Ligue 1champions and Dybala’s representatives, there has been no significant breakthrough and the deal is likely to be worked on right up until the Sept. 2 deadline before it is completed.
Dybala’s proposed move to Tottenham earlier this month was called off after the player and his representatives failed to agree terms with the London club, sources told ESPN FC on the Premier League’s transfer deadline day of Aug. 8.
Spurs agreed a fee of £60m with Juventus but agreeing personal terms with the 25-year-old and his agents complicated the move, due mostly to an image rights issue.
08.00 BST: Mohamed Salah insists he is happy at Liverpool despite being regularly linked with a move to Real Madrid.
Reports have regularly credited interest in the Egypt international from the Bernabeu ever since he emerged as one of the Premier League’s top goal-scoring talents two years ago, and several senior figures in his homeland have also said the 27-year-old could end up in Spain.
However, Salah told CNN: “I’m happy at Liverpool. I’m happy in the city. I love the fans and they love me. I’m happy at the club.”
PAPER TALK (by Steve Wright): Bumper contract ensures Sancho stays
The 19-year-old recently turned down offers from Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain, and the news that he has signed a new contract with his current club will come as bad news to Manchester City, who had been interested as well.
That means that if these or any other interested parties choose to chase Sancho next summer, his price will be significantly inflated.
The England forward scored 13 goals and added 15 assists for the Bundesliga runners-up last season.
Brugge keen on wantaway Wanyama
The 28-year-old made just four appearances for Spurs last season and has yet to feature in their 2019-20 campaign.
It was thought that the £18 million Kenya international would be able to stay in the Premier League when fellow Londoners West Ham United approached him with a loan deal, but that fell through before the Premier League’s transfer window shut.
Wanyama has two years remaining on his £65,000 per week contract and wants to leave Mauricio Pochettino’s side. The signing of Tanguy Ndombele from Marseille would suggest that they aren’t too keen on his staying, either.
— Michy Batshuayi wants to stay at Chelsea and fight for his place in Frank Lampard‘s lineup, according to the Evening Standard. The Belgium striker has reportedly asked for six months to try to prove his worth at Stamford Bridge, rather than being shipped out on loan for the fourth time.
– Davide Zappacosta is set for a season-long loan to Roma from Chelsea, with the Italian club tweeting a photo of the defender arriving to the Eternal City on Tuesday. The loan marks a return to Serie A for Zappacosta, who joined Chelsea from Torino on a four-year deal for £23 million in 2017.